Hotwires are designed as a pure cross-country raceday wheelset, that is strong and reliable enough to ride everyday.
Hotwires' torsional stiffness makes them outstanding climbing wheels that deliver lightening fast acceleration.
Vertical ride compliance and torsional stiffness is improved by the use of our lifetime guaranteed SPM™ straight-pull hubs and 28 Sapim CX Ray semi-areo spokes per wheel, laced three-cross (while straight-pull hubs from many other hub makers count the spoke lobe as one of the cross points, SPM™ hubs are truly 3x, maximizing torsional strength).
Hotwires remain snappy under power while offering vertical compliance to compliment the efficiency and improve the ride quality of hardtail and short travel XC race bikes.
The 25mm internal width of the Hotwire is ideal for tires up to 2.25".
More aggressive riders, and/or riders seeking additional cornering support and improved tracking in rough conditions should check out our 30mm (internal width) Livewire wheelset.
Click the Specifications, Protection, and Service tabs above this product description for more information about Hotwires.
- RIM MATERIAL: Carbon
- APPLICATION: XC Race
- SUGGESTED TIRE WIDTHS: 38c-2.25"
- RIM: 25mm Internal Right Wide™ XC/GX Width
- HUBS: US Built, SPM 28 Hole, Straight-Pull, 3-Cross, Lifetime Guarantee (Hubs Only, see below for wheel coverage)
- BRAKE MOUNT: CenterLock
- SPOKES: Sapim CX Ray (298mm)
- NIPPLES: Sapim, SecureLock, PolyAx, Hex Head, 14mm, Alloy
- FRONT AXLE: 15mmx110mm Boost
- REAR AXLE: 12mmx148mm Boost
- DRIVER: Titanium, 72pts (5º) Engagement
- COMPATIBILITY: Shimano HG,SRAM XDR, Micro Spline
- TUBELESS: Shipped with Nut Jobs™ Valves & Ride Lock™ Tape
- E-Bike Approved?: NO
- PROTECTION: 2 Year Warranty, Lifetime Crash Replacement Program
- WEIGHT: 1480g* set
Click the links to learn more about HOTWIRE technologies: Right Wide™, Str8 Wall™, Onespoke™, Straight-Pull
*Approx. Weight, PRIOR to Tubeless Setup
Hotwires are protected by our 2 year warranty as well as our Crash Replacement Plan which provides $200, no-questions-asked, repair or replacement for damage not covered by our warranty. Finally Hotwire SPM™ hubs are covered by our Lifetime Guarantee. Click the links below to learn more about each of these protections.
Crash Replacement Program
SPM CenterLock Boost Front Mountain Hub Assembly Diagram
SPM CenterLock Boost Rear Mountain Hub Assembly Diagram
Freehub Assembly Diagram (Gen 2, 3 Bearing)