- APPLICATION: XC Race
- SUGGESTED TIRE WIDTHS: 32c-2.25"
- RIM: 25mm Internal Right Wide™ XC/GX Width
- HUBS: US Built, SPSL & SPM 24 Hole, Straight-Pull, 2-Cross, Lifetime Guarantee (Hubs Only, see below for wheel coverage)
- SPOKES: Sapim CX Ray (294mm)
- NIPPLES: Sapim, SecureLock, PolyAx, Hex Head, 14mm, Alloy
- FRONT AXLE: 15mmx110mm Boost (Dishless)
- REAR AXLE: 12mmx148mm Boost
- DRIVER: Titanium, 72pts (5º) Engagement
- COMPATIBILITY: Shimano HG 9/11 (SRAM NX 12),SRAM XD/R, Micro Spline (Shimano 12)
- TUBELESS: Shipped Ready-to-Ride with RideLock™ Tape and Valves
- E-Bike Approved?: NO
- PROTECTION: 2 Year Warranty, Lifetime Crash Replacement Program
- WEIGHT: 1390g* set
*Approx. Weight, PRIOR to Tubeless Setup
Why We Build It
Hotwires are designed as a pure cross-country raceday wheelset, that is strong and reliable enough to ride everyday.
Hotwires are featherweight climbing wheels that provide outstanding acceleration through torsional stiffness.
Vertical ride compliance and torsional stiffness is improved by the use of SPM™ straight-pull hubs and 24 Sapim CX Ray semi-areo spokes per wheel, laced two-cross (straight-pull hubs from many other hub makers count the spoke lobe as one of the crossing points and call this design "3-cross") . Snappy under power while offering vertical compliance to compliment the efficiency and improve the ride quality of hardtail and short travel XC race bikes.
The 25mm internal width of the Hotwire is ideal for tires up to 2.25".
More aggressive riders, and/or riders seeking additional cornering support and improved tracking in rough conditions should check out our 30mm (internal width) Livewire wheelset.
Hotwires are protected by our 2 year warranty as well as our Crash Replacement Plan which provides $200, no-questions-asked, repair or replacement for damage not covered by our warranty. Finally Hotwire SPM™ and SPSL™ hubs are covered by our Lifetime Guarantee. Click the links below to learn more about each of these protections.