- APPLICATION: Gravel/Gravel Race
SUGGESTED TIRE WIDTHS: 32c-2.25"
(32c minimum width, Tubeless & Tubeless Ready tires ONLY)
- RIM: 25mm Internal Right Wide™ XC/GX Width, 700c/29"
- HUBS: SPSL™, 24 Hole, Straight-Pull, Centerlock, 2-Cross Hubs
- SPOKES: Sapim CX Ray (294mm Front, 292/296mm Rear)
- NIPPLES: Sapim, SecureLock, PolyAx, Hex Head, 14mm, Alloy
- FRONT AXLE: 12/15mm (adaptable) x 100mm
- REAR AXLE: 12x142mm
- DRIVER: RideFast, 6 pawl, Alloy
- COMPATIBILITY: Shimano (SRAM Road) HG 9/11, SRAM XD/R
- TUBELESS: Shipped with Nut Jobs™ Valves andRide Lock™ Tape
- E-Bike Approved?: NO
- PROTECTION: 2 Year Warranty, Lifetime Crash Replacement Program
- WEIGHT: 1270g*
*Approx. Weight, PRIOR to Tubeless Setup
Why We Build It
HWR GXs are built to be singletrack-capable, tubeless, gravel wheels.
HWR GXs are lightweight and vertically compliant, utilizing the same SPR™ hubs as our more road-oriented RLR 30s, yet by incorporating the rim from our Hotwire XC race wheelset they're also durable enough to tackle singletrack. Their 25mm internal width supports large volume gravel tires and delivers precise tracking in rough conditions.
Vertical ride compliance and torsional stiffness is improved by the use of SPR™ straight-pull hubs and 24 Sapim CX Ray semi-areo spokes per wheel, laced two-cross (straight-pull hubs from many other hub makers count the spoke lobe as one of the crossing points and call this design "3-cross") . Efficient under power while offering vertical compliance, paired with lateral stiffness, to improve the ride quality and handling of aggressive gravel bikes.
The 25mm internal width, and Str8 Wall™ sidewalls of the HWR GX are intended only for tubeless or tubeless-ready tires with widths greater than 32c.
Gravel riders who stick to gravel roads and/or pavement, or those who want the flexiblity to run smaller volume, or non-tubeless tire set ups should check out our RLR 30 wheelset.
HWR GXs are protected by our 2 year warranty as well as our Crash Replacement Plan which provides $200, no-questions-asked, repair or replacement for damage not covered by our warranty. Click the links below to learn more about each of these protections.